Wednesday, June 8, 2011

our creative space


i made a start on a new painting this week ~ the transition from computer work to painting wasn't as smooth this time. maybe it was the freezing temperature {had the heater on for an hour before i could go into the room!} or the extra time away from painting, or maybe it was that i felt that i should be painting rather than heading to the other desk with a more solid idea of what i wanted to create. anyway, i'm hoping that the next two work days help to re-enter the world i love so much!

happy creative space day :) for more spaces . . .

10 comments:

teddybearswednesday said...

I hope so too, sometimes it is hard to change gear.
but so far your painting looks beautiful

lamina @ do a bit said...

The colours are beautiful! I'm finding I have to sit on top of the heater to get anything done at the moment... brrrrrrr!!! Hope it all goes well :)

Kylie said...

Belinda, I am so happy to see you painting again - it's not that I don't like your computer work, but your painting is just breathtaking. Please don't stop :) I think the difference is depth. This painting has such a resonance - the layering is just sublime. Yah! for painting again I say :) Kx

june at noon said...

Oh, wow, such beautiful color and movement there. It pulled me in right away. Glad to see you painting again!

Unknown said...

Lovely colors it is very habitual and powdery , I like that especially!

Vickie said...

love those colours :)

Kylie said...

We have had a cold snap here too - I feel for you (and slightly freaking out that we will be down your way next year and that my blood has thinned a little too much for the cold weather)
I love the colours in this.

happyment said...

The painting looks great!
I could send you some sun and hot air :)

annamaria potamiti said...

Yes, the computer work and the easle work are so very different- I feel the dividing pull to both as well- The painting is beautiful though- there is no sign of stress here- it's really serene- Love the whole range of your creative work Belinda- keep warm and inspired!XX

simona said...

beautiful, i love the colors and composition. stay warm!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin