Wednesday, August 6, 2008

the perils of blog reading



– having access to the work and writings of so many creative types has recently had me in a spin!
. . . sometimes i think i'll have a quick look at {. . . . } before i start my work and find myself following link after link until my brain becomes over-inspired and overdone. then i think about my own work and feel a little scattered! i find the best thing to do is to step back and let the images and ideas {and wealth of inspiration} settle like sieved flour into the bowl and just hope that they rise up later transformed and nicely cooked, with my own flavour . . .
i used to feel this sensation when i read wallpaper magazine in its really early days.
here is an image that i found in our filing cabinet {no idea where it came from prior}. i've had it near my desk since.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin